Small mountain town located between Val Parma and Val Bratica.
Located along the "Strada del Prosciutto e dei Vini dei Colli" (Parma ham and wines from the hills road) it is part of the National Park of the Tuscan-Emilian Apennines and reveals its medieval origin in the grandeur of its castle.
In the center of Corniglio stands the 13th century castle which was owned by the Rossi and Farnese family and in 1820 was ceded to the municipal administration, now the town hall. In front of the castle there is the small temple of SS. Lucio and Amanzio dedicated to the fallen soldiers. Via Roma is the most characteristic place in Corniglio with carved stone portals, over the centuries-old Roman bridge.
A typical speciality of the place is certainly the Spongata, a famous Christmas cake with very ancient origins.
The small village of Sesta Inferiore, about 10 km from Corniglio, is a real open-air museum: Madoi - Open Air Museum is in fact the themed itinerary with frescoes by the artist Walter Madoi.